Welcome back, hope your week is going pretty awesome.
Just a recap of the previous week- First road trip- crossing Orlando- camping- Swimming in Spring – Beer- BBQ- Tenting. (If it’s confusing – you have two options- check out the points below )
- EITHER Go the previous blog read it and come back
- OR Stay here and read this blog because it’s a fresh and a new place that you haven’t seen yet.
well, In spite of the tired day, we all managed to get off from our tents roll back everything and get to the new location which was pretty close by, like a 20 minute drive that was again a fabulous location for a day out with barbeque, smaller hikes and snorkeling (I wish back then I knew I would travel like this or would write about places – would have captured way better pics lol 😛 )
Travel from Our location(Juniper springs) to Alexander Springs (Courtesy: Google maps)
The sun was out, water was pure, the flora was wild – The bliss of being in a place like this is so exciting, I try and create emotions to showcase how beautiful and breathtaking places are, but when you see with your eyes it is ten times the actual beauty expressed by me. These are places were you can just sit for hours together, by yourself or with your loved ones and admire every minute passing by graciously with this lovely piece of mother nature.
The water body was just a large swimming pool unclouded, where you can look at your feet when you enter and walking by in the silky sand only to an extent because it’s really so deep into the center. Either you know swimming or have a float to support – our whole gang almost droned a guy which wasn’t funny but when you recollect memories today it is funny 😛
The atmosphere at Alexander Springs
We Swam and had fun for almost couple of hours by the spring, finally, our stomachs started giving all the signs to say enough of feeding heart with happiness and brain with memories. we still didn’t listen to it, started walking by the trail, doesn’t take much time if you just take the periphery instead of the whole hike. Loaded my phones memory with enough of selfie spamming, finally remembered we don’t have any chicken or veggies to barbeque as we ran out on everything last night itself. You know what, the worst thing is you are hungry af, and people cook delicious barbeque and you are too ashamed to go and ask haha.
Just a fun PIC 😛
Took a shower got our belongings, ran to the go get some food. But everyone is like”we need Indian Food” ” we need Indian food”. Everyone decided finally to go to an Indian restaurant in Orlando. It was an hour an a half drive through woods and rain. But the food though, OH man so Yum after so long, I knew it wasn’t that great but at least the flavor of the Indian food meant a lot to me but not the check. Which meant still I was multiplying by 63 or 64 times the cost haha.
All my trip were memorable but this one was First on my list, always sweet and special. Sunshine state – for those who don’t know it’s Florida never fails to make me happy. With all the happiness and back to home. A four-hour drive mostly everyone was sleep except the couple of them driving. With this positive note have a look at the essential things you need to know about Alexander springs If you gonna travel there.
10 Essential things to know About – Alexander spring:
- Recreational area.
- Part of Ocala National park- Florida.
- Constant water temperature of 72 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Multiple springs vent under limerocks ledges.
- Has a 1-mile trail (If at all you have energy after swimming :P)
- A place for some sports like Frisbie, badminton, soccer (Whatever game you can imagine within that space – I leave it to your imagination 😛 )
- Canoeing and Kayaking
- Stores available for swimming and camping gears.
- Bathhouses, Camping area, and Picnic Places Available.
What should I have in my bag pack for camping at springs? (For people who didn’t get a chance to read my previous blog )
- Towel *
- Few shorts*
- Hiking shoes*
- Swimwear and googles.
- Insect repellant *
- BBQ skewers, veggies, pre-marinated or required mix, charcoal and fire initiator ( If you wanna do BBQ ).
- Cutting boards, Knives, spoons, and forks if necessary
- Essential toiletries and skincare (depending on individuals) *
- Tent and sleeping bag*
- Pillows and blankets*
- Most important always try to carry Trash bags*- Never know when will it come handy.
- Umbrella* – you never know when it rains in Florida.
- Camp reservation confirmation*- If the previous booking is done.
- Power bank– If you are so much love with the place and click a ton of pictures from your mobile phone.
- DSLR preferable or a good phone would do.
* – Mandatory
Have a sweet little lit weekend,
Travel from Alexander Springs to Miami (Courtesy: Google maps)
My weekend is gonna be lit as well
Mom is back in the US, Taking her to my Hockey final on mothers day and it’s so freaking exciting. (To all reading my blog better pray for us to win 😛 – you guys better pray, just kidding send me some love and thats enough 🙂 )
See you next blog.